Results from 11/3/11 Milwaukee County Board meeting
Today was the last Milwaukee County Board meeting prior to passing the 2012 budget, which happens Monday, November 7.
• 12-7 (No: Borkowski, Cesarz, Johnson, Jursik, Rice, Sanfelippo, Schmitt) to lay over [emphasis added] the County Executive’s veto of a resolution providing for an advisory referendum on the plan by the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District to pay approximately $41.1 million to the City of Franklin for the costs related to building the Ryan Creek Interceptor project.
• 16-3 (No: Borkowski, Cesarz, Rice) to override [emphasis added] the County Executive’s veto of a resolution to negotiate an agreement to fund an artistic bus shelter with the Bay View Business Improvement District.
• Referred back to Committee with no objection – to amend County Ordinances as it pertains to sick leave policies regarding sick allowance accrual and payout or credit at retirement.
• 18-1 (No: Sanfelippo) to approve an ordinance to govern the carrying of concealed weapons in Milwaukee County buildings, and to amend the schedule of cash deposits and maximum penalties.
• 18-1 (No: Borkowski) to adopt the Long-Range Lakefront Planning Committee’s Report for the development of Milwaukee’s lakefront.
• 12-7 (No: Biddle, Borkowski, Cesarz, Rice, Romo West, Sanfelippo, Holloway) to reject a resolution expressing intent to collaborate with the City of Milwaukee to utilize funds of $54.9 million to enhance Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) services.
• 14-5 (No: Cesarz, Jursik, Rice, Sanfelippo, Schmitt) to create an Economic Development Fund in order to develop sustainable jobs and new tax base in Milwaukee County.
• 13-5-1 (No: Borkowski, Cesarz, Jursik, Rice, Sanfelippo; Abstain: Thomas) to approve a resolution stating opposition to Assembly Bill 329 relating to changing the Milwaukee County Treasurer to an elected Comptroller position.
All other items on today’s agenda were approved with no objection. The complete digest agenda from today’s meeting can be found on the County Legislative Information Center.
The next meeting of the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisor is the Budget Adoption meeting scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Monday, November 7, 2011, in Room 200 of the Milwaukee County Courthouse. The veto override session, if necessary, will be Wednesday, November 16, 2011.
The next regular meeting will be Thursday, December 15, 2011, at 9:30 a.m. in Room 200 of the Milwaukee County Courthouse.